2. How many MOCs would be written each year by a typical plant properly
applying the code whose Plant Replacement Value is $100M?
3. The highest number of citations are written for violations of which element of the code?
d) HOT WORK
4. What type of incident is most likely to initiate a PSM related inspection of your facility?
a) Poor MOC control
b) An incident involving PSSR
c) Injury to a contractor
d) Failure of a mechanical component
e) Issues arising from incomplete PHA
5. Which code element is responsible for more than 50% of the total expenditures
for implementation and maintenance of the system?
d) PHA issues
e) Hot Work
6. What widely used technique can significantly reduce the cost of program implementation and maintenance?
a) Reliability Centered Maintenance
b) Total Productive Maintenance
c) Quantitative Risk Assessment
e) Distributed Control Systems
7. The requirement that issues raised during the PHA should be resolved in a timely manner
is usually interpreted to mean:
b) 1 year
c) 5 years
d) Depends on the risk
e) Depends on the cost
8. Evaluate the following: MI requires individual and detailed work procedures for all equipment.
b) False - Only for critical items
c) False - Only if it is special to that plant
d) False - Depends on both criticality and availability of information
e) False - Only for large equipment
9. Evaluate the following: The PSSR and MOC elements are similar, and merging the two on one form is a practical way of handling them.
b) False - two pieces of paper are needed
c) True - depends on the type of change
d) True - it is a check that things are as specified
e) False - the MOC is a separate process and should occur before the PSSR
10. Evaluate the following: It is not necessary to write MOCs for minor construction projects on existing plants.
a) True - but only if utilities are not involved
b) False - after the safety review is conducted an MOC is needed for all subsequent changes
c) False - MOCs are needed after construction is complete
d) False - MOCs are needed after the introduction of HHCs
e) True - MOCs are never required for minor construction